Barbaric Castle
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barbaric Castle

For those of Barbaric Castle

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

A gift for Isabella

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gregorick WaltheSeer

Number of posts : 60
Registration date : 2008-02-26

A gift for Isabella Empty
PostSubject: A gift for Isabella   A gift for Isabella Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 7:46 am

The gift was left, in a small wooden box. Intrusted to a maid to bring to Bella's room, with the words it was a small token from the Count.

Had any of them lived, he might have given such a gift as this, to one of his sisters, upon the eve of their own wedding night. That, due to the vile nature of Zackfare, was never to be. But he and Bella had not only mended their fences so to speak, but had developed a bond simular to siblings in some ways.

And so he would gift her, as if she were his own sister. The box when opened, would reveal this:

A gift for Isabella Jewel856

It was no great secret, her fond'ness for white roses, though assuredly the private meaning of such, between her and Lord Hawk, remained just that, private. None the less, Gregorick's talent at carving, had once again been put to good use. And the rose was of pure ivory, with a hint of pink color added to the heart of it...As that of a bud first truly blossoming...As she would, no doubt, in her marriage to Lord Hawk.

The pendant hung upon a simple twisted golden chain. And a short letter was folded neatly benath the necklace, within the box.

"Isabella,

I will of course have a wedding gift for the both of you, upon the morrow. But as you and I have become as close as siblings in some ways...I wanted to give you something as I would have to one of my own sisters...Had any of them survived Zackfare's brutatlity.

I hope that you like this, the chain comes from a jeweler, but the ivory rose I carved myself.

May your union be blessed by God,

Greogorick."
Back to top Go down
Lady Isabella

Lady Isabella

Female Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-02-26

A gift for Isabella Empty
PostSubject: Re: A gift for Isabella   A gift for Isabella Icon_minitimeSun Mar 30, 2008 8:37 am

The box was delivered to her chamber, smiling as the girl told her it was a token from the General Count. The cover of the box was lifted and she gasped softly in surprise, the lovely carved rose lifted as tears misted her eyes. She drew in a breath and opened the note, the words touching her as did the gift. It was something she would have received from a brother, and as with your sisters, all of hers were gone from her.

They had indeed not only mended their differences but become close, the Count a trusted friend. Tomorrow she would wear his gift as she was joined in marriage to Lord Hawk and when next she saw the Count she would express personally her thanks for such a treasured gift.
Back to top Go down

A gift for Isabella
Page 1 of 1